Health & Safety
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
The Health & Safety at Work (NI) Order imposes a Statutory Duty on employers to ensure in so far as reasonably practicable the Health & Safety of their employees and others who may be affected by their work.
Employees also have a statutory duty to take reasonable care for themselves and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
To enable both us as employers and also our employees to carry out these duties, responsibility for Health & Safety is to be effectively assigned, accepted and implemented at all levels within the organisation.
1.We will so far as reasonably practicable ensure that:
- Adequate resources are provided to ensure that proper provision is made for Health & Safety.
- Risk Assessments are carried out and periodically reviewed.
- Systems of Work schedules are carried out and maintained that are safe and without risk to health.
- All employees are provided with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure their health & safety at work and the safety of others who may be affected by their activities.
- The place of work is safe and that there is safe access and egress from the workplace.
- Arrangements for the use, handling and storage of articles and substance for use at work are safe and do not cause risk to health.
- Where appropriate, health surveillance will be provided to employees.
- The provision and maintenance of all plant, machinery and equipment is safe and without risk to health.
- Monitoring activities are undertaken to maintain agreed standards.
- The work environment of all employees is safe and without risks to health and that adequate provision is made with regards to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
2. It is the duty of all employees at work:
- To take reasonable care for the health & safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with us in fulfilling our statutory duties.
- Not to interfere or misuse anything that is provided in the interests of health & safety.
- This health & safety policy will be reviewed at least annually, amended and updated as when necessary. Communication of any such changes shall be made to all employees.
- There are established and maintained, effective procedures for consultation and communication between all levels of management and employees on all matters relating to health, safety and welfare.